...


Monday, April 21, 2008



I have been sitting in this stuffy lab for some time now.....Not one word, thought, or click in the direction of anything pertaining to school.....Maybe it's listening to Billie Holiday.....Or maybe I have been studying for the last three months, and I, 4th grade style, just don't want to do it....(cue a temper tantrum). I just keep telling myself that a book analysis or a test over medieval art matters in the slightest.

Balance
Every morning it seems I just want to want to strike a better balance.....Holy Spirit/desire/listening/speaking/touching/smelling/crying/laughing/people/school.
And perhaps Jesus' best example of such would be in his ability to be a man and God, all in one human/sweet/holy breath.
sometimes it seems impossible in the midst of my rich man problems: gas lights, homework, people who love me, etc.
Rich man problems are....well nothing almost, not hot or cold, barely bitter sweet.....not trivial enough to ignore them, not serious enough to feel sorry for myself over. This discussion in and of itself: Rich man problems.

Family
From Trey(bro) to Gus to Matt to chris(ty) to Joanna to Robby to Teec to Mom to Dad- The thought of us making dinner in a house we have no business being in on a beach we have no business being able to visit is lovely enough to look my professors in the face and tell them I care. 2 weeks and I'll be "heading down south to the land of the pine".......On my way and see you soon.

Michael

pictures: where I am to where i'll be, if only a short while.

p.s. listen to more Ben Kweller than you are right now- www.myspace.com/benkweller

4 comments:

Joanna Christmas said...

we are really happy to go visit family too! trey told me he can't wait to see you again! he's got a big toothless smile waiting for you!!

kirbylee said...

I haven't been home since Easter.
(that is a LONG time for me)
And I'm only an hour away.

how do you do it? no seriously, it would be awesome if you could figure out exactly how, masterfully articulate it, and pass this wisdom on to me before i move away for real - you have about 14 months

Please know that you are not alone in wanting to throw a academic-related tantrum right now.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Teecy said...

oooh, a deleted comment. do tell!
who crossed the line?

it's funny that you specifically mentioned cooking in the kitchen. i've been thinking about that too. we always spend so much time in there at vero, usually saying "excuse me. move." now we will be yelling across the room just to hear each other.
i can't wait for christy and michael's guatemalan fiesta and teecy's famous omelette's and gus's desserts!