...


Friday, March 14, 2008

Politically, my final word I hope



I guess any statement of mine regarding American politics would be my overall disdain for such, mostly rooted in our two-party monopoly system. In reality there is so much beef(and pork while we are on the subject of meat) within both parties that a monologue via blogosphere in no way really sums up my thoughts.

Either way

The republicans in one way, and the dems in another, pull, pick and choose from our well crafted consitution in whichever way best suits them for the time.

While the republican speaks of our constitutional right to prayer he also cavaliers the most unconstitutional aspect of our government right now- foreign policy.

While the democrat speaks of our constitutional right to freedom of speech or religion, he also plans to drain a taxpayers pocket for all matter of unconstitutional spending(as mentioned, pork.)

I actually had a professor last week say, "well at least this year I feel like we have some good choices."

While I agree that change going in any direction is better than the one the current administration has taken us (A never ending war that will end up costing trillions of dollars pulled from....you guessed it, you! All from a man who ran for office under a "non-interventionist, "we can't go around policing the world" policy."

I could not disagree with my professor more. Perpetual, preemptive war.....,universal health care, steps towards a centrally planned economy which would obviously do to this country what it has done to all the others who have chosen it- bankrupt it.

In all reality, I sadly believe that at the root of all of this, the Church, yes you and me, are to blame.
I was talking to a friend the other day who essentially was saying that we needed universal health care, more no strings attached handouts, more welfare(often perpetual poverty).......why? because the Church is not doing it's job. What would these people say, if the government began to hand out tracts, evangelize on the street corners, build churches? Well we would all be singing a strong chorus of Separation of Church and State . Well, how is providing for the poor any different than verbally telling someone about the Good News Of Jesus? There is none, it is the same, one Gospel. Yet Christians on both party lines would rather let Uncle Sam take a little more of their check to do an awful job doing what we are hands on supposed to be doing. We saw in the early church, the government did not mind the church, for not only were they taking care of their city's poor, but also neighboring city's poor.

(But today is a different day, many years later, surely Jesus didn't mean for us to do that now, it is different now...right....well that depends....if it is taxing, if it actually takes effort, if it actually calls for an emptying of our pockets or us to be uncomfortable, then surely! surely! it is no longer relevant or a biblical mandate.)

I guess that is it. I could go on for hours about capitol punishment, oil politics, a failed welfare system, and the overall corruption that plagues Washington, but to some this all up. It is us. It is the Church.

There was one man, that indeed I did not agree with on everything. But a man that knows the constitution, a man who has a dream and vision for America to once more be a place of peace. But sadly, America is just not smart enough to elect......yup, Ron Paul. Nope, he calls for way too much responsibility. way way too much.

Peace,
Michael

3 comments:

Teecy said...

Michael, whether I agree with everything you say or not, I like that you are thinking and evaluating everything. I'm glad you don't just accept things if they don't seem right to you in light of the Jesus you know. I like talking with you about this stuff...tell ya what, I'll meet you in Destin on June 9 for a little chat. Let's plan to solve world hunger over breakfast.

"Mike Christmas is a provocative voice amid a sea of sameness." Hails the Washington Post

Teecy said...

Question:
why did you change the name of your blog?

False: you did not miss us anymore.

Question:
why is this your final word on politics? you should keep talking.

Mike Christmas misses you said...

I will explain the title

I don't know, politics just seems to be such a lost cause